2 of a family die in fire incident in N’ganj


Two members of a family died in a fire incident while another sustained critical burn injuries in Narayanganj Sadar upazila early yesterday.

The deceased were identified as: Dipayan Sarkar (35) of Ichapur village in Netrokona, and his daughter Diya Rani Sarkar (5). Dipayan’s wife, Popy Sarkar (28), is undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute in Dhaka with 30 percent burns and in critical condition, relatives say quoting doctor.

“The incident took place while lighting a mosquito coil with a gas lighter. It is likely that the kitchen stove was not turned off properly and there was cooking gas trapped inside the room which caused the fire…,” Sushen Sarkar, husband of Dipayan’s elder sister, said.

Neighbours rescued them and rushed them to the burn institute where Dipayan and his daughter succumbed to their injuries on Saturday night while undergoing treatment, he added.

Aslam Hossain, officer-in-charge of Fatullah Model Police Station, confirmed the incident.

 

Source link

Leave a comment