A fire that broke out at an RMG factory at Savar EPZ area last night has been doused after around six hours of frantic efforts.
Rozina Akter, duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence headquarters, said the fire originated from an electric short circuit on the 2nd floor of a five-story building around 11:00pm yesterday.
On information, seven firefighting units rushed to the spot and put out the blaze around 4:45am today, she said.
No casualty was reported.
The extent of damage caused by the fire could not be known immediately.